[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:42:19 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   53
   40:   71
   20:   69
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

First Sprint from the "vacation station" on Vashon Island, WA. I spent all day
getting a new Al-1200 amp assembled and the 220v power line installed. Then I
spent too much time during the sprint playing with the amp and tuning it!
Because the amp was patched in-line with different coax cables, it took longer

than usual to switch antennas and bands. I went to 80m too early and had to
return to 40m for awhile, so more fiddling and tuning... Otherwise the high
power seemed to help, and I got through first more often than when I run QRP.
Only one of the 80m sloppers working, and I was just too slow at finding new
stations, so room for improvement. Thanks for the contacts!

Yaesu FT-1000MP, Al-1200 amp
Writelog software
Antennas:
20m: 3 el Steppir at 55 ft.