[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:14:34 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   57
   40:   96
   20:   93
---------------------

Club:

Team: Dead Lizards Cant Talk

Comments:

C4XL 40m portion has a CW/SSB relay which is needed for SSB, and it failed
again... had 4:1 SWR, threw a tuner in-line, but found my low dipole was just
as effective.  QRN on 75m was absolutely unbearable. I had to use my tri-bander
as the receive antenna for 80% of QSOs -- who'd have thunk you needed beverage
antennas to operate the Sprint.

Congrats to those with big mult totals like W9RE and K7SS.  I guess I was
operating a different contest this time around.  I would have preferred to be
in the same contest as those guys!!

Kevin N5DX was incredibly loud here on 40 and 80, blew my ears off!  Bill
N6ZFO, I heard you everywhere!!

No SO2R yet, but I'm working on it (slowly).  And I just picked up a used
tri-bander to help give me some antenna diversity here.

Station:

Rig:  FT-1000MP
Amp:  AL-1200
Antennas: