[3830] SAC CW OH2BO(OH2PM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW OH2BO(OH2PM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 01:09:57 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH2BO
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH2BO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:  336    51
   40:  514    66
   20:  727    70
   15:   93    32
   10:   12    10
-------------------
Total: 1682   229  Total Score = 916,458

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Interesting weekend. I was guest operating OH2BO's station while OH1WZ was
operating my homestation.My intention was to see how one can perform with a
tribader and wire antennas in SAC.
It was proven that a 3-bander and wires are sufficient set up for this
contests.This should be a very encouraging result for those who hesitate to
participate due to lack of two-way beaming, stacks, 40m beam, SO2R etc.
Unfortunately on Sunday morning when I first time tuned to 15m the SWR went sky
high. Two days later we found that moisture and dirt had damaged 15m section
insulators of the beam feed element.
Whatif: I am tenpted to speculate that without the antenna damage, the 3-bander
and wires station would have been a serious challeger for the top three station
with a 1M plus score. This is an other good piece of news for those who have a
moderate set-up.
Cu in SAC next year again.