[3830] CQWW SSB OH7M(OH4XX) SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh4xx@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH7M(OH4XX) SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 00:56:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH7M
Operator(s): OH4XX
Station: OH7M

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: FINLAND
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2363    39      152
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2363    39      152  Total Score = 845,748

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I had two alternatives this year; Either 20 SOSB or 40 SOSB. OH7M antennas on
both bands are quite OK (5/5 monobander stack + several other single antennas
on 20 m and 3/3 stack + 3 el on 40 m) However I decided to go to 20m due its a
bit pain to work 40 SSB from this part of the world since OH is still limited
to TX 7-7.1 MHz. I had some technical issues which prevented me to utilize all
the 20 m antennas; However I had KT34XA fixed to 200 deg (EU) and 5 over 5
stack rotating, both played well. 20 meter start was slow, I managed to log
only 100 qs on couple first hours, then the band went silent and I was feeling
tired and I took a â??napâ?? 2Z-5Z. Saturday morning hours produced best
qso/hour in whole contest, mostly EU but some AS came in pretty well. At 14332
I was forced to leave the frequency by some DL OMâ??s who said that they have
been in this same freq. last 31 years even I had been there more than hour
logging qsos! I also got offended by some German words like "ar** l***"
Probably they though I did not understand. Anyway it was 31 yrs experience of
Ham Spirit on that freq. Saturday evening I had few short opening to US but
could not get run going. I heard OH8â??s logging NA stations so probably
propagation did not reached east Finland that well. One other thing I noticed
during the contest that I cannot stay awake 40+ hours, at least without any
preparations. There is only one thing which can prevent me to fall as sleep
when Iâ??m tired; a big pileup ï?? There were not too may of them during the
weekend, or they were just way too short. Weâ??ll try to get M/S or M/2 team
for CW part so CU then. Thanks for the QSOs.

73,

De Mikko OH4XX