[3830] CQWW SSB K4RO SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4RO SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:55:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   0      0        0
   40:   0      0        0
   20:  20      8       13
   15:  60     15       29
   10:  13      6       10
------------------------------
Total:  93     29       52  Total Score = 20,493

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Obviously very little time spent in this one.
This is what the bands sound like at my QTH these days:

http://www.k4ro.net/k4ro/audio/K4RO_QRN_CQWWSSB2006.wav

It's a power pole right at the end of my driveway.
I am praying that it gets fixed by CW SS Saturday,
but time is running out.  I've done a lot of work
on the station over the last several months in
preparation for CW SS. Unfortunately if this noise
persists, it will all be for naught.

Anyway, this was all S&P, because you can't run with line
noise like that.  I used packet too, because I wanted to
play "pileup buster" and see who I could beat in the raging
chaos. Naturally I didn't bother calling unless I could
clearly hear the DX. Many were heard in the pileups calling
who obviously could not hear the DX, and would never hear
their call if it came back. I still don't understand why
anyone would call a station that they cannot hear.

Most interesting call sign of the contest: 8J3YAGI

Best news was hearing that AD4EB got to operate at K1TTT.
Jim is a FB radio op and technical man as well, and I'm glad
he got to see how the big boys do it. Hats off to David for
opening his station to so many operators year after year.

C U in CW SS.  I'll be the weak one who can't hear very well.

73

-Kirk  K4RO