[3830] CQWW SSB K4EA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ea@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4EA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 06:22:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4EA
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:   19     6       12
   80:   87    17       52
   40:  166    28       92
   20:  366    29      107
   15:  270    33      114
   10:  154    21       60
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Initially, I had planned to do SB15.  But in the weeks before the contest, power
line noise has been very bad (s7 to Europe S5 to East Asia and pacific on 15M).
The "man" from Georgia power has been very conscientious and has spent many,
many hours trying to find the multiple noise sources that have been plaguing my
for many years.  The good news is that in the week prior to the contest, he
found several likely suspects.  The bad news was that fixing them before the
contest was not going to happen.  (As of this writing the repairs have yet to
be done.)

So, I decided to do SOAB(A) so I wouldn't be too bored even though my only 20M
antenna is a wire beam fixed to Europe. 15M was hot on Saturday, but my very
high noise level precluded trying to run.  10M was I nice surprise. Still, I
was frustrated to see the NE stations were working into Eu for almost two hours
before it opened up down here in north Georgia.  This was obviously an Es
opening.  As the noise was only S3 on 10M I did try to run there and had some
success.  On Sunday, 20M was a zoo.  There was no such thing as a "clear"
frequency.  Almost everywhere I listened there was more than one station
calling "CQ".  I finally just picked a spot and worked as many as I could.  I
still had a blast even though my score was disappointing.

Next stop, CQWW CW (yeah!)

Neal, K4EA