[3830] SS CW N2CU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2CU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:06:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 16.8

------------
  160:   32
   80:  223
   40:  181
   20:  176
   15:   81
   10:
------------

Club: WNYCC

Comments:

SS has failed to gain my enthusiasm for several years. This year was no
different. Went into it determined to do only a part-time effort and the score
shows it. Worked the first few hours off-on using S&P and then took a big break
to watch the Sabres game. Then things got better with the low bands opening up
and being able to run for the first time. Sunday isn't nearly as bad when you
have a low QSO total; plenty of stations to work. With a few hours to go I
still needed PAC, MB and NL. Very high up the 15m band I found PAC with a big
signal. Then I kept thinking, "where's VE4VV?" since he's always quite active
on the MWA reflector, talking contesting. A little while later I found him on
20m. That left NL, but alas, no joy for me. Checking the packet spots after the
contest I see that NL was on, but apparently not when I was. BTW, got J (VY1JA)
pretty early on so I thought a sweep was in the making. What will we do if J
ever gives up contesting?

The 160m experiment went very well with quite a few newbies getting on the last
hour. All-in-all, it was more fun than I expected. Maybe I'll try a full LP
effort next year.

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', 80/40m dipoles, 80/40m wire vertical, 160m inverted L,
K9AY loops, N1MM Logger.

73,
Tom N2CU <><