[3830] SS CW W1VE(@KY1V) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1VE(@KY1V) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:09:41 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: KY1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 15.3

------------
  160:    0
   80:  331
   40:  315
   20:  103
   15:   25
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to the generosity and hospitality of David, KY1V, and his family, I was
able to find a seat for SS while on a business trip.  David did not have an 80m
antenna up, so I whipped up dipole and got it up 60' on the tower.  Although
David has a busy business weekend, he took time out to make sure I was 100%
ready-to-go.

This was the 1st time using the 7800 for a full contest effort.  A very nice
radio!

Note to David: Get rid of the Wireless Keyboard!!  I had times when the
keyboard would not enter data!  (Really tough when your doing 38wpm CW).  I
found a "suite spot" where the keyboard would always work (I thought it might
have been weak batteries, but that was not the case).

80 and 40m were the big players from Davids station.

Station Lineup:

IC7800/Acom 2000/StepPR 4L@65'/StepIR Vertical/80+40dipoles@60'

The only software that would key the radio was CTWin, so went with that.
Sorry I could not post my score live on getscores.org -- thanks to those who
did -- it was a great motivator.

Note to multiops:  Don't trust packet, or your "hint" file.  You never know
where I'll show up from.   I was spotted by the same station, on different
bands, as being in EMA.  And, I had a huge pileup as WJ1E.  I literally had to
slow down to 5wpm to get people to understand that I was not WJ1E.

73, Gerry