[3830] SS CW N0SS Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0ss@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N0SS Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:42:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N0SS
Operator(s): N0SS
Station: N0SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:  253
   40:  231
   20:   81
   15:   85
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Well... I didn't set any records this year, BUT I didn't do too badly either. I
was tickled that my body (still) allowed me to operate virtually the entire
available time... first time in a number of years I've felt like doing so.

Conditions were decent... not terrific (no 10M at all!), but still had a good
time...

It was GREAT to work so many Elecraft friends this weekend, and seeing so many
of them doing so well in the SS...which is my VERY FAVORITE contest of all! I'm
sure several folks kicked my butt, but I still had lots of fun.

The rig (K2) performed as anticipated.. PERFECTLY! I ran with 1KHz BW about 80%
of the time, 400 Hz BW about 15% and maybe 200 Hz BW the rest. I still prefer to
let my ears do most of the 'signal sorting' for me.. also helps to let me catch
those other ops who still haven't mastered the art of ZERO BEATING and who
persist in calling many hundreds of Hz off-freq. Few were missed as a result...
MANY would have been missed had I used the 400 Hz filter most of the time.