[3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:01:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    7
   80:  139
   40:  907
   20:  156
   15:   31
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

As others have pointed out, the sleepy little backwater called unlimited
category seems to be waking up - causing amazing packet pileups at the end.
I didn't get the sweep until fairly late - missing AK the first night due to
the poor 20M antenna situation here.  ID seemed to be MIA the first day as
well, but I worked three of them the second day.  Meanwhile, a packet review
tells me they were there on day 1 - so where was I?  Getting a sweep seems like
a different mystery each year.
I lost an invite to a superstation late in planning due to my host's
unanticipated illness, so I put the dipoles back in order here at home and ran
sans-aluminum once again.
The bands sounded really FB except 80 had plenty of QRN to the West the second
night from a wx front out by Texas.  Courtesy seemed at an all time high as did
activity.  As usual, 15 was not productive from here - SS from the East Coast is
a low band activity until the sunspots return.  Congrats to those 1300+ Q folks
- how do you do that?

2X: FT-1000MP+Inrad & ACOM 2000A; Homebrew SO2R, Writelog, Wires in the woods.

Past posts have gotten me requests for descriptions of the wires - so here's
what I used all weekend: 80: Inverted Vee at 65 feet, 40: dipole at 75 feet,
20: the 80M inverted vee with a a matching stub.  These are on a modest sized
residential lot down in a hole.  SO2R is what makes it happen around here.  The
gear ran perfect all weekend.  GG.