[3830] SS CW K0VBU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vbu@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0VBU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 22:30:55 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0VBU
Operator(s): K0VBU
Station: K0VBU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:  225
   40:  128
   20:  440
   15:   43
   10:
------------

Club: KCDXC

Comments:

Trusty old 940S, TH6DXX@50', 40M Dipole at 20', G5RV @ 20'. I may be
overestimating the wire antennas heights...but I've got the 'high angle' going
here! XYL attended a conference out of town, and left me alone for the whole
contest. No shack visits with meals or random snacks. But I didn't starve. I
had to pass the refrigerator every time I ran upstairs to check the beam's
direction..rotator works, but doesn't indicate. I just couldn't trust myself
holding down the lever and counting - 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi....Jeez!
I didn't answer the phone this weekend, and I'm glad all those messages on the
machine were automated election campaign calls instead of irritated
neighbors..

Never really got 40 going. It was extremely noisy Saturday. Very happy to nab
79 mults before bed at 0800Z Sunday a.m. Strangely, neighboring MO was mult
#78.
Tuned the usual freqs for J, but must have not been the right times...Other
'rare' mults came in multiples. Lots of KS this year!
Always great to work old friends, but I'm glad to hear some very good ops with
21st century checks.....This continues to be my all-time favorite contest!
Thanks to everyone! Bill, K0VBU