[3830] SS CW W7VMI(@NN7SS) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W7VMI(@NN7SS) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:16:21 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W7VMI
Operator(s): N0AX, KO7P
Station: NN7SS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Part-time ops N0AX and KO7P did battle from the mighty fine station of
K6UFO/NN7SS who was smart and stayed in CA instead of getting wet in WWA.
We quit on Saturday with 79 sections, only needing VO1. (If I'd been a
little more on the ball earlier, we might have had the sweep on Saturday)
Started the contest by putting PR and VI in the log just because I could. A
portable-VE8 called in while CQing, as did VE1/2/4 and ND - all
traditionally troublemakers. VE5 was an ESP backscatter QSO on 20 and KO7P
finally cornered the wily VE6 late on 80 meters. VO1 proved to be somewhat
elusive on Sunday as they seemed to be S&P on 15. I CQ'ed a ton on 15
Sunday morning, even working some watery W1's and W2's but the band just
didn't seem to be very much longer or northern than that. Thankfully, there
was a big VO1 pileup down in the Extra band, but on 15 that meant he was
hearing 4's, 5's, and 6's a lot better than northern 7's. Nevertheless, a
little persistance and patient use of the XIT knob finally attracted his
attention for the coveted broom (and mug!).

Thanks to Mark for making the station available!
FT1000MP
AL1200
3-el SteppIR at 55'
C-3 at 55'
40-2CD at 50'
80-meter half-slopers
Writelog 10.7
Dogoba Chocolate Bits, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Dr. Pepper

73, Ward N0AX