[3830] SS CW K6NV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6NV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 22:23:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SV
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:
   80:  179
   40:   18
   20:  279
   15:   34
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first really serious effort on SS CW, in the past I have been out of
town this weekend.  These totals are my all time high.  As luck would have it,
during WW SSB my neighbor called and said I was blasting her out on 15m, until
I get her problem figured out I choose to limit my effort on 15m, I believe
that probably hurt some.  Here in the evenings 40m has been really bad, Sat
evening had a very high noise level, but 80m made up for it. I also noticed
that until it got dark even though I could hear people on 40m I just couldn't
get anything going- gotta get that low dipole up higher.  I also had a guy send
"please copy.......", then a guy spelled out his call.  Those "whisper" QRP guys
just killed me off, tough copy for me. I had a couple of good runs on 20m with
my rate meter showing a sustained rated of 40-50 per hour for a couple of
hours, after that my brain was totally fried.  Then, what happened the last few
minutes on 80, with still 4-5 minutes to go it just went dead, nobody answering
my CQ's.  Overall a good time, missed the sweep by 3 (when I check the log I
believe I will pick up at least 1 more section).  "Hats off" to those who put
together the pre-fills, what a great tool that was and not that many changes
were necessary.

The station performed very well, the Thursday night NS pratices have sure
helped to fine tune that part- now to get my brain tuned better......

FT-1000MP
AL-80B, 700-950w out
TH-3 @ 60' in the trees
Inverted vees for 80 and 40, 160m slopper that also works well on 80m.
Writelog with an ancient Dell PC running Windows 98