[3830] CQWW SSB V26B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3oc@wirelessinc.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB V26B M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:51:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: V26B
Operator(s): KA2AEV, N3OC, N2ED, WX3B, W2BZR, HB9OCR
Station: V26B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Antigua
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   245    10       33
   80:   750    23       96
   40:  1984    29      118
   20:  3005    34      116
   15:  3955    35      127
   10:  1051    19       58
-------------------------------

Club: 50% FRC - 50% PVRC

Comments:

Team Antigua had lots of problems with the station this year on our arrival.
But we got everything working great after a week of hard work before the
contest.  Work had to be done on every tower.  But, V26B only gets a few days
of maintenance a year so we are lucky anything works!

We only had two radios this year, so we consider this a good score for only two
radios from two-point land.  Everything worked flawlessly during the contest,
except for the 160m propagation Saturday night.

Our host, Roy, V21N busted his butt getting the shack fixed up this year for
us.  A few days ago, he fell and broke his hip, and was medivaced to Miami,
where he apparently suffered a heart attack and stopped breathing during
surgery to repair his hip.  He is currently on a ventilator but is apparently
responsive, so our thoughts and prayers are with him!