[3830] SS SSB K6VVA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6VVA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:27:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 11 Hrs

------------
  160:
   80:  107
   40:   19
   20:  273
   15:  127
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As it always seems, I ended up operating more hours than planned.  Contesting is
an addiction!  Less pain that in the CW SS, 'cuz I did my right hand therapy
exercises more frequently and sometimes just let it hang down toward the floor
while the computer Auto-CQ'd.

Unlike my packet screw up in the CW SS, I installed the latest version of
Writelog just before the SSB weekend but could never resolve the - Can't create
packet OLE Automation Object - problem.  No possible screw up again, 'cuz I
couldn't use packet.  I think it was a blessing in disguise.
Shame on those whose prefill logs may show me as PREC "U" 'cuz I was "B" this
weekend.

In spite of no stinkin' packet, I made another Clean Sweep which was thrilling!
  Working some usual rare mults in the first few hours got me excited about the
possibilities again, and in spite of off and on operating, I thought it just
might be possible.

After working VO1HE on 15m just before QSYing to Church Sunday Morning, that
only left MB & WMA after just missing VE4EAR.  When I returned in the
afternoon, I kept hoping maybe VE4XT was around, and really got excited after
finally snagging Kelly on 20m. Tnx, OM. That's when I inhaled most of the rest
of a new bag of Jet Puffed marshmallows and a bunch of chocolate to ramp up
toward a possible Sweep.  It was so close I could taste it.

I reverted to CQing on 14.173 for about 30 QSOs before I panic'd about WMA for
#80. No WMA's called, so decided to start tuning around.  All of a sudden, I
realized I hadn't yet worked K5ZD, but couldn't remember if he was EMA or WMA.
So I checked my CW SS log and that's when the adrenalin started flowing when I
realized Randy was my possible ticket to paradise.

Oh Oh...more panic...I wondered if he did a straight 24 hours and then quit?
UGH.  Where on earth might he be?  I dialed down to 14.150 and started working
my way up.  No K5ZD.  I was back on (my) 14.173 frequency but kept tuning up.

HOT DIGGITY DOG!  Just 4Khz up from where I had been CQing and QSOing in panic
city was K5ZD.  First Call...Wham Bam...Numero 80...I almost wet my pants!!!
Tnx again, Randy.  You made my day, OM.

Except for a brief Mini-HMO as KP2CW/M next door, most of the rest of SS was
spent on the couch with an ice-pack nursing my Tendonitis.

This was my last SS from this RF-Hole LPCS QTH.  Next year: Surprise,
Surprise!!!

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults & Sweep...

Rick, K6VVA