[3830] SS SSB K1RX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpride@us.ibm.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1RX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:33:51 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 14.8
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  189
   40:  640
   20:  374
   15:  103
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Off to a wonderful start but late Sunday morning had to attend to other things
around the house.  Besides, it is tough to do CQ WW SSB, then CW SS, then SSB
SS and then another big crowd at the house for CQ WW CW (MM operation and gonna
use a very special call)!  Kinda pushing the environment.  Still had a great
time although 40 SSB had me down for awhile and the rate dropped (noise,
broadcast junk) and this in turn made me unmotivated.  But came back and the
rate jumped up making the return engagement to 40 a pleasure.  I knew however,
the rate would crawl all day Sunday, so I decided to opt out and attend to
other things (non-radio).  Was surprised to hear so many comments that I was a
new multiplier for them (NH).  There were lots of NH, WMA and ME guys on.  Got
more sleep Sunday morning that I usually do and then banged away for that last
mult (VY1JA) by noon.  Found it convenient to use my 3 20 M yagis in different
directions - South, West and NW.  When I came across VY1JA, before I even heard
him sign his call or give his section, checking the antennas, he peaked NW - I
knew immediately it was him!  Then surprisingly, he said - "who is the 1
station?"  Well, of course I jumped in - worked him and it was done!  That was
fun!

Thanks all for the great operating by the Q and A guys! They seeme to know when
to just go ahead and repeat the info, making the exchange great!

Congrats to all that made the huge numbers this year!  Amazing the Q totals
from both coasts! For quite awhile, I was within 200 or so of the leaders but
then reality hit - time to QRT!

73, Mark, K1RX