[3830] SS SSB K9GX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K9GX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:15:13 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K9GX
Operator(s): K9GX
Station: K9GX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:  623
   40:  370
   20:  235
   15:   50
   10:
------------

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Got off to a slow start. Should have started on 40m. Fooled around with trying
to hang a horizontal loop until about 18UT on Saturday. Got snagged in trees.
Firewood delivery guy called at 1945UT to announce he was on the way with a
load of wood (keep your comments to yourself)so at 2015 I was showing him where
to drop his load (shut up). 75m dipole at 30 meters suddenly was delivering
loads of RF back into the shack. Went barefoot with it Saturday night. Went QRO
Sunday night on the HF9V. Couldn't really estabish a good run on 20. Last 3
sections were PAC, KP4 and MS!

Got a tip that N5KDV was holding forth on 40, worked him on the first call in a
huge pileup for #80. Of course 30 minutes later KK5K called me!

Found calling out discreet numbers when delivering serial numbers and crisp
phonetics on the rest of the exchange really cut the requests for fills.

Was great to hear more YLs, school stations and kids operating with their
parents, like young Steven at NU2M. I always stopped for a second to visit with
the youngsters.

Had fun in spite of Murphy's presence.