[3830] SS SSB K5KG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5kg@arrl.org, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K5KG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:14:58 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   93
   40:  122
   20:  526
   15:   74
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I didn't start the contest with any expectations of making it a serious effort.
I did, however, want to try and work a sweep, and that we managed to do.  Our
last three mults were PAC, MS and SC.  SC proved to be especially difficult to
nail.  I heard AA4V in SC earlier on Sunday on 15 or 20m, but he was deluged
with a left coast pileup making it impossible to work him on backscatter.
Later, however, on Sunday evening, I was tuning across 75m, and K4MQG, who was
not in the contest, casually signed his call.  I gave him a shout and, low and
behold, he was in SC.  He had just come up on frequency to meet his son for a
sked, and he obliged me with the sweep.

73, George, K5KG
OJ!

There has been a lot of chatter on the reflector about guys working in the 75m
"dx window".  We were guilty, although at the time I didn't realize I was on
such scacred ground, and was promptly run off by a policeman.  It was easier to
move than argue about it!