[3830] CQWW CW K1NQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jordand@tycoelectronics.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1NQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 05:39:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1NQ
Operator(s): K1NQ
Station: K1NQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   58    13       38
   80:  221    17       67
   40:  198    22       73
   20:  516    27       89
   15:  242    23       74
   10:   30    15       23
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

ICOM 765
N1MM with real time score - when modem was working.
sb-220 w/ 160m mod. partially working. Had major relay issue requiring constant
attention. Tried to fix it before the contest.  As ususal it failed just before
the start. I managed to replace the waffer with stuff in the junk box.  I
finished the 160m mod Friday. Never really tweaked the input circuit so SWR
limited me to 500w on 160. Found out the 765 tuner was not working as it
constantly seeks.  My new Winkey does not work so I built a LPT keying circuit.
 New 2 element phased verticals on 80m was much better. Doubled my qso over the
single vertical.

Antennas
160m - use tower with 3 inverted fed elevated radials
80m 2 phased wire verticals with 3 elevated radials each
40m ef240s at 77 feet
15-20m th6/th6 70/40
10m th6 @40' fixed on EU
Top th6 developoed swr issue when some creature packed a trap last week.

Novel use of wood dowel to tap SB220 relay when it was sticking.