[3830] CQWW CW LN9Z(LA9HW) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LN9Z(LA9HW) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:43:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LN9Z
Operator(s): LA9HW
Station: LA9Z

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: JO38HC
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:
   80: 1801    30       90
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1801    30       90  Total Score = 307,680

Club: Lima Alfa Contest Club

Comments:

Another operation from the "propagation challenged" area - inside the Aurora
Zone. With Aurora Activity Level at 6 and 7 during most of the contest, this
was a big struggle.

Even with lots of nice mults, ST, 5A, TZ, HC8, XU, VR2, VK9 etc, I am quite
dissapointed with my mult level, but I just couldn't find any more..... Only JA
worked, AND heard, was at 2230z Sunday!

It's a strange experience to see how the band changes when the Aurora Zone
moves. During the contest I had several 'out of the zone' experiences. On
Sunday night, I was running Europe, with a few waek east coast US stations in
between, and suddenly a 'corridor' opened to the western US, with stations from
CO, UT, MT and WY. Strange! And extremely fun!

As always, CQ WW is THE contest!