[3830] CQWW CW C6ATA(K2KW) SOSB(A)/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2kw-8@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW C6ATA(K2KW) SOSB(A)/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:02:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C6ATA
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: C6ATA

Class: SOSB(A)/40 LP
QTH: Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:
   80:
   40: 3275    32      119
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Probable new World Record for 40m LP...

This was another Team Vertical trip to a lovely beach on Eleuthera Island.  You
can check out the villa we used at http://www.kokomo1.com.  Great shot to
EU/US/JA, though the JA's just weren't there as compared to the 6Y QTH.  We
were planning to go to our normal villa in 6Y, though it was sold about 6 weeks
before the contest, and I couldn't get in contact with the new owners.  I
couldnt find another good verticals-on-the-beach location in 6Y, so we went to
C6 instead this year.

The first few hours were amazing rates.  Though soon as the bulk of the US guys
were worked out, the rates dropped as the EU's weren't there in great numbers.
You have to realize that I am comparing the rates to the 6Y2A 1998 World Record
HP rates on 40m by NN1N, who "averaged" over 200/hr for 8 hours and had a total
of 3950 QSOs (I have lofty goals).

The contest went pretty well, though there was a power outage the first night
for 20 mins or so, and on the 2nd night I had Winkey/keying problems that kept
me off for a while too.  I felt loud most of the time, and could work the East
Coast all day long into W1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, though I went to sleep when the
rates dropped below 20/hr.  The mult count was a bit short of my hopes.  I only
S&P'd at my sunrise (for Pacific/Asia), and around 2000-2100 GMT just as the
band opened.  The only mults I heard but didn't work (who were running) were
9V1YC, 9N7JO and B7P.  I was hoping for more mults to call in, but it didn't
happen.

It was great to have Fred, KE7X/C6AKX join me.  Even better, my YL came down
during the week too (I hope she will be licensed by our next trip!)  Tom, N6BT
was supposed to come down and do 160m LP, but got very sick the day before the
contest so he had to cancel.  I hope you are feeling better Tom!  We missed
you!

Verticals-on-the-beach (provided by Force 12):
- 2 ele 1/4 parasitic element array pointed at 25 degs
- Dipole @ 40' (for Carib and SA stations, though I only worked a few stations
on this antenna)

Rig:  TS-850S   Software:  N1MM Logger ver 6.10.16

73, Kenny K2KW
Rate sheet follows...

Date    Hour    Total   Rate/Hr Total
11/25/2006      0       221     221
11/25/2006      1       220     441
11/25/2006      2       207     648
11/25/2006      3       197     845
11/25/2006      4       180     1025
11/25/2006      5       127     1152
11/25/2006      6       80      1232
11/25/2006      7       113     1345
11/25/2006      8       98      1443
11/25/2006      9       78      1521
11/25/2006      10      17      1538
11/25/2006      11      58      1596
11/25/2006      12      26      1622
11/25/2006      13      37      1659
11/25/2006      14      20      1679
11/25/2006      19      1       1680
11/25/2006      20      23      1703
11/25/2006      21      72      1775
11/25/2006      22      117     1892
11/25/2006      23      107     1999
11/26/2006      0       106     2105
11/26/2006      1       108     2213
11/26/2006      2       89      2302
11/26/2006      3       97      2399
11/26/2006      4       78      2477
11/26/2006      5       98      2575
11/26/2006      6       53      2628
11/26/2006      7       24      2652
11/26/2006      8       108     2760
11/26/2006      9       66      2826
11/26/2006      10      44      2870
11/26/2006      11      26      2896
11/26/2006      12      46      2942
11/26/2006      13      22      2964
11/26/2006      14      15      2979
11/26/2006      19      1       2980
11/26/2006      20      25      3005
11/26/2006      21      89      3094
11/26/2006      22      92      3186
11/26/2006      23      89      3275
Total   All Hours       3275

The above does not include dupes.  I had about 200 dupes(for about 3475 total
QSOs) and roughly  6% dupes, which is about normal from the DXpedition side.