[3830] CQWW CW MM0BQI SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mm0bqi@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW MM0BQI SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:16:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: MM0BQI
Operator(s): MM0BQI
Station: MM0BQI

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EDINBURGH
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:  192    15       67
   40:  124    15       54
   20:  143    15       46
   15:   55    12       23
   10:    9     4        9
------------------------------

Club: Summer Isles Radio Club

Comments:

The best fun I have had in ages!  This was my first 'serious' effort in a CW
contest and I set goals of 500 Qs, 20 new band slots and 4 new countries.  In
the end I achieved 523 Qs, 14 new band slots and two new countries.  Not bad
for 20 hours effort! The antennas are a limiting factor here with wire dipoles
stretched across the roof and bent to fit the small garden.  Despite this I
worked TZ on three bands, ZL, HC8, B7 and lots of others (more to do with their
ears and receivers I think!) Looking at the spread of zones worked I see I am
not really getting out to the DX and had to work very hard for everything
outside Europe and the US.  80m was a great place to be, even with the low
loaded dipole I worked the world, possibly an 80m single band effort in the
future....
Thanks for all the Qs it was great fun.
Log will be uploaded to LOTW after the contest deadline for any one who needs
confirmation.
73
Jim,  MM0BQI
50 watts to 80/40 loaded dipole in the garden and 10/15/20m nested dipoles
above the flat roof.  Plans to errect the HF2V after dark were blown away by
the gale force winds!