[3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ya@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:58:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  678    34      115
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were better than expected; it helped to have a noise level
of S zero during the entire contest.  As usual for the low cycle, the E
uropean openings were short and signals were weak. It was necessary to
hunt for all those Qs, resulting in a low QSO total.  I heard nothing
from zones 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23.  Late morning/early afternoon openings
to Scandinavia were helpful and full of nice surprises.  The only mults
I heard but missed were J37T and VP8NO.  It was great fun, as always.
Thanks to all stations who had the patience to keep asking for repeats.
The FT-1000D, with its balance control instead of separate audio gain
for the sub VFO, makes running and hunting with one radio a pleasure.
Amplifier was a Titan and antennas were 4 el yagi and rotary dipole
on the same mast.