[3830] CQWW CW G3WW(@M0EDT) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dez.zc4dw@virgin.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G3WW(@M0EDT) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:47:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G3WW
Operator(s): G3WW
Station: M0EDT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IO92cq
Operating Time (hrs): 40:14

  160:  204     7       45
   80:  440    13       62
   40:  301    21       74
   20:  378    20       58
   15:  182    22       53
   10:   39     7       25
------------------------------
Total: 1544    90      317  Total Score = 971,102

Club:

Comments:

RIG: FT-1000MP MK-V, 100W

ANT: 250' Doublet at 40'

QSO Ratio: 76% S&P : 24% Run

160m Almost ran for 60 minutes; never worked as many North Americans in a
weekend on top band before.

80m Like top band, great condx. Delighted with QSO count as antenna is a
full wave on 80 and a real pig to load up.

40m What happened?! 40 seemed impossibly hard for me. High QRN, low MUF?
Did anyone else struggle? North Americans always seemed stronger on both 20 and
80. Rate always nose-dived each time I went to 40. Normally such a reliable
band.

20m Plenty of NA and opened especially well each afternoon.

15m Choice DX to be had but exclusively S&P.

10m Very surprised. Took a break on Sunday morning, woke at lunchtime
to find signals on 10m. All S&P.

Thanks to Tom (M0EDT) for the loan of his doublet and Marlene for her
roast chicken Sunday dinner. Manual ATU made slow QSY-ing but a great
time was had with a single wire antenna and low power.

Dez

G3WW, G0DEZ, ZC4DW, ZD8DEZ