[3830] CQWW CW G4BUO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G4BUO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 03:28:21 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G4BUO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Penshurst, England
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:  410    17       67
   80:  917    19       73
   40:  581    31       97
   20:  950    32       96
   15:  764    28      101
   10:  126    20       65
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

First serious SOAB since 2002, it was great to be back though I think I prefer
it when there are some sunspots! Sorry not to have found TZ5A on 160, but I did
work my first ever ZS on the band. Doubling the length of the beverage this year
really paid off when working North America.

Nice moment on Sunday when I moved off 40m to pick up a few Qs on 80. Switched
back to 40 and without moving the dial there was JT1BH CQing, easy double mult.
80m opened well to the States in the last half hour of the contest and in the
middle of the run was delighted to be called by HS for a double mult, then OY
in the last minute. It's clear from reading 3830 that W was workable on Sunday
on 10m, but I missed it. That would have been the 500th mult!

160m Shunt fed tower
80m  Delta loop
40m  4-square
20m  4el up 73ft; 4el fixed up 38ft