[3830] CQWW CW CT3NT(CT1BOH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct1boh@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT3NT(CT1BOH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 05:15:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CT3NT
Operator(s): CT1BOH
Station: CQ9K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Santo da Serra
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  396    15       60
   80: 1115    27       83
   40: 1819    32      103
   20: 1547    35      101
   15: 1114    29      101
   10:  572    22       72
------------------------------

Club: Madeira Team

Comments:

Thanks to my lovely wife Lara that understands and support my contesting
activities.

Thanks to Madeira Team â?? CT3BD, CT3DL, CT3DZ, CT3EE, CT3EN, CT3IA, CT3KU and
CT3KY - without them this operation would not be possible.

Thanks to Win-test team http://www.win-test.com (F5MZN and F6FVY) for
implementing such a wonderful program. From advanced SO2R, to automation and
contest statistics information, Win-Test Win-test is absolutely the #1
contesting software, and you are loosing if you are not using it.

This was my CQWW #34 in a row http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh/operations.htm

Contrary to last year, the weather was very good up the mountain. No wind, no
rain, and a nice temperature helped set-up the station with relative comfort in
three days.  But Friday I experienced the worst ever wind conditions of my life.
For many moments in the afternoon, I thought the antennas and the towers would
collapse. Luckily there was just minor damage: The 2el 80 meters wire inverted
V fixed to Europe lost one leg in the reflector element, one of the two 80
meter phased verticals lost one of the two elevated radials and all the rotary
beams moved from their original positions in the rotor/mast.

Thanks to Madeira Team guys, the vertical was fixed the hour before the
contest, and the wire inverted V beam and the correct antennas/rotors positions
were fixed Saturday afternoon.

With the brute wind force and noise, plus the presence of forest guard rangers
that sought protection in the house I did not sleep at all during Friday. So it
was no surprise that half way the contest around 00Z Sunday I was very tired and
sleepy, at around 09z Sunday I had to stop doing SO2R to save energy and at
around 16z Sunday I mentally blocked and was not able to log QSOs. I called my
wife on the cell phone, and told her I could not log the calls I was hearing.
Thanks to her advice (she is a clinical Psychologist) I somehow managed to
compose myself and finish the contest at a lower but steady rate.

In the end contesting is about will â?? if you have the will to do it you will
do it!

And just like any nice story has a nice ending, by 23:55 with 159 zones and 519
countries, while on 80 meters,  I remember thinking how do I get a double mult
at this time of the contest, to finish up nicely â?? guess what?! by 23:58z
VQ9JC calls in for a double mult, asks for my call, and I heard someone
transmitting  dit dit dit dit, dit dit in the background â?? I had tears in my
eyes! This is what the magic of contesting is all about!

73
José Nunes
CONTEST - CT1BOH, CT3NT
http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh