[3830] CQWW CW N9RV SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pmbarkey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N9RV SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:39:42 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1955    39      137
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1955    39      137  Total Score = 978,384

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

40m project didn't get finished, so SOAB was not in the cards this year.  Single
band was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  Was kinda bored the first
night and wandered up to 80/160 for a few QSOs, but was pretty focused after
that.

Hard to get a feel for overall conditions from just operating one band.  From
the way things sounded before the contest, I would have guessed that 15 meters
never really opened to EU -- and then I find out afterwards that guys even
worked EU on 10!

On 20m I thought conditions were normal or below normal, but that the fantastic
activity of the WW more than made up for it.  Sunday was better than Saturday.
At about 2200z both days the band just opened to the north with everything
coming in from that direction.  There was also a nice pre-dawn opening to Asia
on the second morning that netted some interesting QSO's.

Congrats to the USA M/M boys for a photo finish!

  - Pat
    N9RV