[3830] CQWW CW N0VD SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N0VD SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:33:34 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N0VD
Operator(s): N0VD
Station: N0VD

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  91     16       37
------------------------------
Total:  91     16       37  Total Score = 10,971

Club: Pikes Peak DX Group

Comments:

I wasn't up for an all out effort on all bands and after seeing how good
conditions were from PJ4 for the SSB running, I opted to do 10M SB.  Boy, what
a difference from Colorado than in "warmer weather".  However, I suppose that's
to be expected.  It was fun when the band was open, but I found it was very
sharp - almost like 6m.  I could hear an island in the Caribbean but not the
next island over.  I also think I worked almost as many AF as I did EU too -
that was a pleasant surprise.  10M seemed to either be very short or very long.
 In fact, the best conditions began at sunrise and lasted about 2 hours.  By 3pm
local time it was done for the day.  It's certainly unpredictable at the bottom
of the cycle!

Thanks for the Qs and see you all in the ARRL 10M from VP5.

73
Kelly - N0VD