[3830] WPX SSB EA5ON SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB EA5ON SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:23:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: EA5ON
Operator(s): EA5ON
Station: EA5ON

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:    2
   40:   20
   20:  528
   15:  106
   10:   48
------------

Club:

Comments:

Just finished installing my new antenna on the thursday (THANKS José Luís
EA5YC). Got up early saturday with a view to doing SOSB 15m but the band just
didn't open. After weighing up my options I decided to do SOAB and just have
fun while putting the antenna through it's paces. Spent a lot of time on 10 and
15 just to see how I got on, instead of getting the points on 20. Saturday
evening I tried loading up the antenna on 40 and then on 80 on Sunday morning,
managed a few contacts. Tried the same trick sunday night and my XYL ran
through to tell me I was causing TVI (communal TV antenna for the whole
building!) so that put an end to the contest..... I'm just glad I can run a KW
on the higher bands with no problems at my new downtown condo.

Rig TS850S (my 765 still at the fixers)
Tremendus 2 (1 kw)
Optibeam OB6-3M at 27m (90') on top of the building

Thanks to all for the QSOs

73 de Duncan EA5ON