[3830] WPX CW OL7R M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OL7R M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:19:08 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OL7R
Operator(s): OK3RM,OK1DSZ,OK1WMV,OK1IC,OK1HRA,OK1FFU,OK1VWK
Station: OL7R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Stribro
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    2
   80:  334
   40: 1119
   20: 1035
   15:  290
   10:  127
------------

Club:

Comments:

Mr. Murphy visited us again. Local problem with storms and lighting in full
contest time. Poor signal readability also on higher bands.

160m - LNA for 160m K9AY was out of operational state and after repair was ON
only 5 hours to next destruction. No RX no DX. During a few hours when LNA was
running only ZC4LI and YM0T worked on 160m. Thanks this we have 6 point per QSO
rate on 160m :-)

80m - bad connector on RG58 cable. Big attenuation and low signal level from
K9AY loop. Repaired after contest.

20m - some PTT problem manytimes rejected our PA driver.

10m - we lost lot of work. Before contest prepared 5,5,6el on 3 towers. On
sunday evening located K9AY loop connected to the RX antenna input in TL922.
This workplace is sharing 10/160m but nobody has made sure if on 10m is RX
antenna switched off. Expensive experience. TX to the Yagi system and RX from
K9AY loop on 10m band. Its world WPX record it seems :-)

I hope next to see you in IARU HFC with better results ... 73 de OL7R team