[3830] K6VVA PVRC 60th Summary

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6VVA PVRC 60th Summary
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:35:57 -0700
Congrats to the PVRC on the Big SIX-O.

I'll leave it up to Howie, N4AF, to sort out if I've done the math right
here...it was a manual accounting nightmare from two separate logs:

        Q  Q-Pts  M
80cw    1    2    1
40cw    9   18   10
20cw   27   54   11
20ssb   8   16    4
15cw    2    4    2
      ___  ___  ___

Total: 47   94   28 = 2,632 Total Points

W3AU, W4KFC & W7YS Special Mult Stations were worked!

SOAPBOX:

1. I was hoping to work 60 PVRC members for the special 60th award, but had
trouble finding PVRC members to work !!!

2. I was thrilled to hear that old familiar W4KFC callsign again, exceptionally
piloted by Buddy, W4YE ( http://www.k6vva.com/w4kfc_w4ye.mp3 ).

3. I discovered there were "Multiple" versions of the event Rules, which
created some confusion (especially the "Official" operating times & when it was
supposed to end).

4. I was confused as to whether the W4KFC, W3AU & W7YS "PVRC" Multipliers were
just to be counted as one PVRC mult, or if they were each separate (I decided
to count them separate :-)

5. I called "CQ PVRC" a lot and hooked a few PVRC members this way :-)  Tnx for
the calls !!!

6. FOC pals K4BAI, NL7G & N0SS kindly responded to some of my lengthy
Auto-CQing, as well as W7OM (Tnx, Guys).  I left them in my CW and SSB Cabrillo
Logs, but as non-PVRC members, didn't count the Q's or Mults in the above
figures.

7. Congrats again to the PVRC on the Big SIX-O (even though I didn't qualify
for the award :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
NCCC Co-Founding Member