[3830] NAQP CW VE7NH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 7NH@CABLELAN.NET
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE7NH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 16:54:19 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE7NH
Operator(s): VE7NH
Station: VE7NH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PENDER ISLAND B.C.
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:    7     3
   80:   86    27
   40:  173    42
   20:  214    46
   15:    3     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  483   121  Total Score = 58,443

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Noise, noise and still more noise.  One day this Power Line noise will be
cleared up.  I hope it comes before I am a S/K though.  Sorry again for those
callers whom I could not pick up due to the noise.  Probably missed around
forty or so.  Maybe come the next NAQP there will be heavy rain and this will
clean up some of the Power Line noises for a while, to make things easier.
Not much fun when you have to use 12dB attenuation on the rig to help reduce
the noise.

1.8mHz  was poor here due to noise, but did get 7/3.  My "extended" 80 meter
        vertical loop seems to work fine on this band.
3.5mHz  was pretty gud for a while, but did not get on early enough.
        The "extended" 80 meter loop worked good but would like it to be
        in a direction to favour E/W.
7.0mHz  was good, although it was tough going.  The old 40M beam up the tree
        worked well.
14.0mHz was good, but the noise made things difficult and hard on the ears.
21.0mHz was poor here, but did get something for the highest band QSO I have
        had in ages. 3/3
28.0mHz was as flat as the proverbial ".... on a plate."

Still cannot get the full operating time in a contest, what with watching
some British football, and soaps and out for a round of golf.

Quite a few very strong signals around from the East coast, but some very
WEAK signals from the "BEST" coast.

N1MM contest logger once again the best.  Makes things so easy.

Looking forward to the next one.

73/Doug
VE7NH