[3830] CQ WW RTTY K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K6GEP SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:47:43 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

   80:   59   69       27      4     5
   40:  150  212       40     17    14
   20:  183  276       42     23    15
   15:   16   31        4      6     7
   10:    4   10        1      2     2
Total:  412  598      114     52    43  Total Score = 124,982

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Last year's CQWW RTTY was my first big RTTY contest, and I only logged 155 Qs.
My goal was to at least double that score, then I set a big goal of 400, which
I made by 2200z Sunday.  Conditions started out bad, but got better. I got very
frustrated late Saturday night when I just couldn't find anyone new to work.

I'd say 75% of my Qs were US and Canada. For the first time in memory, I
did not work a P4 during a contest.  Their pileup was HUGE when they hit the
bands.

Tnx as always to the super stations for putting their countries on the
air.  Your sigs were BIG.  Tnx HC8N, CT9L, CT9M, D4C and EF8M.

New DX:  HC8N on 80, D4, CX, and CP
Ones that I tried but didn't get: HL, 6W, P4

Packet spot eye test: WP3C and WF3C (difference between Puerto Rico and FL)

I think for this one, assisted mode was a waste for me.

I hope to CU all in the Calif QSO Party next weekend!

Rig: FT-990
Antennas:  80 meter sloping dipole from 50 ft
           40 meter sloping dipole from 50 ft
           40 meter inverted vee at 50 ft
           20 meter VE7CA dipole beam pointed east up 25 feet

Not much difference switching between the 40m inv vee and sloper

Software:  N1MM + MMTTY  Really enjoyed it except a couple of spurious
                         band switches!  I swear not user error.