[3830] Makrothen RTTY K6GEP SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY K6GEP SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:30:17 -0700
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: DM13
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
   80:   43
   40:   26
   20:   46
   15:    1
   10:
------------
Total:  116  Total Score = 486,660

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

MakrLOTWhen Contest (Makrothen with LOTW in the middle)

For the first time in a long time, we finally got some reasonably good
band condix for a contest weekend.  The 20m opening to Europe on Saturday
morning was the best in recent memory.

My operating time was limited.  My wife and I attended a funeral for a
wonderful
woman named Ruth, so that cut short my time in the second period.

I worked 4 new ones - Ukraine on 40M, and G, ON (already QSL on LOTW), and DL
on
20m.

I finally got around to using my MFJ-784B filter for RTTY. Huge improvement
on receive.  That filter does little for me on CW and SSB, but it is a
keeper for RTTY!

There is a CW OP on 40m who now got on RTTY, and is now lecturing us that
7030 to 7040 is for QRP CW ONLY in the US.  He broadcasted this without ID
of course.

I had 111 QSOs eligble for the LOTW RTTY contest.  Scoring that will be a
nightmare.  Might just do a checklog, since I did not log any states, even
though I gave out my 599 CA.

Rig: FT-990
Antennas:   80 meter dipole sloped from 50 feet
            40 meter dipole up 50 feet
            20 meter VE7CA wire beam pointed East up 25 feet
            15 meter dipole up 20 feet

Software:  N1MM + MMTTY - loved it

CU in JARTS next weekend