[3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:44:09 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   65    15       38
   80:  168    25       83
   40:  204    28      107
   20:  312    30      116
   15:  151    22       85
   10:   24     8       15
------------------------------
Total:  924   128      444  Total Score = 1,430,000

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

For years, I've been writing about how much FUN each contest was, until this
one.  Single Operator All Band (Assisted) means fighting Packet Pileups ALL
Weekend and that is NOT FUN, especially with broken or damaged antennas and
outdated Logging / Spotting Software. It's past time to rebuild and refurbish!

My emphasis was almost entirely on working MULTIPLIERS which meant leaving HOT
Bands (40 and 20) to ply 160, 80, 15, and 10 Meters when they were open but
marginal.    ALL QSO's were either Hunt and Call or Spot and Call, with NO
CQing.  Maybe I should go back to LP or QRP with NO Packet Assistance to
restore the FUN of Chasing and Finding DX (when the Sunspots return of course).
 I expect I will fell better about my results (especially the Mults), after a
good night's sleep :-).  I'm tired, REALLY TIRED. This one took a LOT out of
me.

Tom  N4KG  in North Alabama