[3830] 7QP VA7ST SOCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP VA7ST SOCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 00:29:24 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    4
   80:   57
   40:   33
   20:   34
   15:    6
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  134     0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 20,502

Club:

Comments:

* FT-2000 @ 100W
* N1MM Logger
* 3-ele. tribander at 25' (tower nested)
* 40M half-square
* 80M dual elevated vertical array
* 160M inverted-L (not yet cut to correct length -- pwr out abt 30W)

Score is approximate, as I logged New England and Indiana in the same N1MM
Logger log and hand-calculated the breakout for 7QP. Enjoyed not having to
worry about which QSO party a caller was in -- just log it and think about it
later, hi.

Qs almost doubled from last year, and mults up by 10.

Had a great time with the verticals on 80M (final hour was pretty slow,
though). WAAY better than last year. 40M was pretty good, too.

20M was OK, but not great for the short haul stuff. A lot of 7s were very weak
here and they couldn't hear me much at all, either. Heard many big signals
pointed in this direction (PNW) working lots of 7-landers I could barely make
out.