[3830] IARU NX5M SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx5m@txcyber.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NX5M SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:05:57 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    1      0      1       0
   80:   10      1      7       0
   40:  103     22     39       0
   20:  200     76     46       0
   15:   61     29     19       0
   10:    4      5      3
-------------------------------------
Total:  379    133    115       0  Total Score = 160,310

Club:

Comments:

HQ mults are not shown in the breakdown. Zones = zones + hq mults.
I actually stayed at this longer than I expected too.  I woke up 30 minutes
before the start of the contest but decided to sleep in.  Got in the shack an
hour late.  This proves I was not real serious about this.
I decided to do this one with my backup antennas which is a 4 high stack of
tribanders and wires for the low bands.  I never even connected the 160m
antenna.  Made one qso on 160 with N4OGW using the 80m vee and a high swr (good
ears!)
Saturday late afternoon I decided that I was going to use better antennas on 20
and 40 so I connected 3 of the 20m yagis and the top 40m beam.  I was a bit
shocked that so many could actually hear me with a Q-power signal.
Pretty good signals from EU on 10m for a while, peaking at s7 but I just did
not have enough power to work them considering that the triband antennas (which
is all that I used on 10 and 15) are well over 400 feet away from the shack and
fed with a long run of RG213.  There is a lot of power loss in that setup but
so be it.  I just wanted to keep the setup simple.
If I decide to this thing next year qrp I am most certainly going to use the
better antennas and put in more time.
Thanks for the patience digging me out of the noise.