[3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:36:28 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    75            6        4
   80:   251           19       21
   40:   355           27       32
   20:   684           31       34
   15:    93           15       20
   10:    45            8        9
-------------------------------------
Total:  1503    0     106      120  Total Score = 895,638

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

One radio.
Skimmer free.

Another fun IARU event is in the books!

There were thunderstorms within 100 miles of my QTH in one or more directions
for the entire contest period so QRN levels were challenging at times to say
the least, especially the low bands.  But no storms directly overhead so I was
able to stay QRV.

Condx were nothing too exciting at the start but at least they improved as
things progressed.  Can't ever remember starting the contest on 40M from
Indiana.  The polar paths never opened - just smatterings here and there - so
most of the Asiatic Russian zones were missed, as well as the large volume of
QSOs in general from Russia.  Several of the EU HQ stations were in on 10M Es
for lengthy periods of time with nice signals but there was no volume to be
had.

 342 EU QSOs
   3 JA QSOs  (all on 40M - none even heard on any other band)
1004 W/VE QSOs

I'm sure looking forward to a return of the days when those EU and W/VE numbers
are swapped.

Thanks, as always, to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW