[3830] NAQP RTTY K4RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K4RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 06:57:21 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  108    36
   40:  137    43
   20:  133    42
   15:   94    39
   10:   34    19
-------------------
Total:  506   179  Total Score = 90,574

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Diddles

Comments:

I did not plan to operate this contest full-time, but I basically
got sucked into it as the day progressed. I took one long break in
the afternoon to take care of some household chores, but somehow
still managed to put the full time in.

I am having some problems with automatic control of my  bandpass
filters. For some reason 15 and 10 are no longer selecting properly.
If you are using Microham band decoders with ICE-419 BPFs, I'd like
to hear from you. I hope to find a solution in time for NAQP CW.

Conditions were not great, but the operating was a lot of fun.
I managed to catch the very brief but intense 10 meter opening
to the north east, more or less at my sunset. That was exciting.
Operators seemed much more willing to QSY than previous years,
and this is a good thing. The RTTY ops are catching on to the
fun of moving multipliers. I had many successful moves, including
W0ZW in New Mexico to TEN meters at MIDNIGHT my local time. Wow!

Here's a tip for the new folks. Don't send "KIRK in TN" Instead,
just send "KIRK TN"  The "in" looks like Indiana on RTTY. :-)

Thanks for the QSOs. The NAQP contests are an excellent training
ground for the new folks, and great fun for the grizzled guard.

73

-Kirk  K4RO