[3830] NA Sprint CW N7WA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N7WA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 11:40:02 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:   36       1
   40:   69       1
   20:   11      .5
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I knew it would be a late start with a family function taking precedence over
Sprint. Had no installed 40 meter antenna so I trammed the 3 el 40M yagi
(waiting to go on the tower) up to about 30 feet in the morning and left it
hanging there for my return.

The very first QSO attempt saw the batteries die in the WinKeyer - I couldn't
even complete it with the paddles. After changing out the batteries, I finally
got moving about 1.5 hours into the test. 20M was pretty dead at that point,
and the move to 40M was imperative. Glad the 40M yagi was trammed up and it
worked pretty well even at 30 feet. First time on the air since Field Day so I

was pretty rusty and sprint is not one of my better tests. Still, it's always
fun and represents the start of the contest season for me.