[3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 22:13:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG +PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   49    13       32
   80:  115    23       80
   40:  204    30      106
   20:  203    35      117
   15:   68    20       46
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total:  639   121      381  Total Score = 854,906

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

One of my Worst Starts ever.

I had put off replacing my broken / fallen 80M dipole until Friday afternoon,
plus installing dedicated 2M link with Locals to help coach / spot for them.

After cleaning out most of the available mults on 40M Saturday morning I *went
to bed* for a couple of hours.  I just wasn't up to fighting any more Europeans
working Europeans after doing that all night on 40 and 80 Meters!  I was ready
to make this a Low Band Only Effort.

After a good nap, I got back in the game but ended up missing MANY EU mults on
20 and maybe 15M (was it open?).

By 0700Z Sunday, I was too tired to have to go back to 40M so I went to bed
(again).  Then I overslept Sunday Morning, starting back at 1400Z on 20M.
Getting to 15M later in the morning yielded only CT, CU, EA, and F from
Europe.

Sunday afternoon was INCREDIBLE!  40M was wide open to Europe at 2 pm CST
(2000Z).  20M was open to the Pacific with very strong JA's but Not a Trace of
the BV, BY, HL, UA0, VR2, or 9M6 stations being spotted by stations further
West.

At the End, I decided to go back to 80M where I heard 4L0A, 5H3EE, 8Q7DV, and
TA3D running Europe.  I did manage to work TA3KZ plus couple of closer
multipliers.  Hearing so many Asians on 80M was FUN, even if I didn't work
several of them.

Conditions at the End of the Contest were MUCH Better than the Beginning!

ALL QSO's were either S&P or from Packet Spots
with a heavy emphasis on Multipliers.  NO Runs.

So it goes.  I hope I will be better prepared for the next one.
I'm still working on the Log / Statistics.  No way to do this in one day!

6 Banders = ZERO due to ZERO stations heard on 10 Meters!
5 Banders = 10 stations 3X CU HC8 KP2 PJ4 TO4 V4 VP2M YN
4 Banders = 17 stations 5K0 8P CT9 D4 EF8 J39 J68 J88 KH7 M6 OA PJ2 PZ V3 ZF
ZS4
3 Banders = 33 stations 5H 6V 6Y EA EA8 FJ FM J3 LX OX RW2 SV9 TO3R V2 YS ZM
ZS
2 Banders = 58 stations
1 Banders = 306 stations

Thanks to KG4CUY for writing a program to create a Callsign Listing by Number
of Bands showing which bands were worked derived from the Cabrillo Log file.

Tom N4KG in North Alabama