[3830] CQ160 CW K5ZD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5zd@charter.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5ZD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:54:28 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 810  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 57  Total Score = 527,744

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow.  It is rare that excellent conditions in the days leading up to a contest
actually stick around for the big event.  This one did!

I have a plaque on my wall from winning this contest (for the USA) in 1995 that
shows a score of 465K.  Never imagined I could surpass that in a full weekend of
operating, much less only 8 hours!

Operated 4 hours Friday night, 2 hour break, then 2 more hours. Only 3 hours
Sat night but wow, the Eu signals were amazing.  Then 30 mins on Sunday
morning.

Band was very quiet here.  No QRN at all.  Eu signals were very loud about 1
hour before their sunrise.

Missed 4U1UN because he was only working Eu when I tuned by.  Heard several JAs
on Sunday morning, but always calling other people.