[3830] NAQP RTTY N4KG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N4KG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:00:04 -0800 (PST)
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL(A)
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:  193    46
   40:  120    39
   20:   97    30
   15:    9     3
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  420   119  Total Score = 49,980

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #2

Comments:

There were a lot of "pregnant pauses" and a few requests for clarifications
after sending "AL IN AL" and a few HI HI's.  THANKS to whoever asked AL / AL?
That format seemed to cause less confusion.  Only one station asked if I was in
IN :-)

Notes to myself for the Next Time:

1- CALL CQ more, especially on 20M.
2- Use ALL of your OFF Time in the first 4 hours.*
3- Put up a Cloud Warmer Dipole for 40M to work the close-in states.
4- Go to 40M Well Before Sunset!
5- It would be nice to be able to Beam NE and WNW simultaneously BUT...

*(I ended up taking a 1 hour break / dinner from 2202 to 2300Z when 40M was
HOT)

Notes to Others who are Answering CQ's

1- Turn OFF your AFC.  It took a while before I finally figured out that some
of the 'close-by QRM' was NOT from someone trying to move in on me, but callers
who must have locked on to my signal with RX AFC which resulted in their being
OFF Freq by 200 Hz typically.

2- When a CQer calls QRZ, especially more than once, about the ONLY way for him
to sort out multiple callers on the same frequency is for the callers to Stagger
their Calls.

As a newcomer to RTTY, I find it interesting and More Fun than the "Alternate
Mode" (PHONE - UGH!)

Running VE's (2,3,4,6,7) and W6's/W7's on 80M in the last hours was a Hoot with
only 100W (Thanks to my 140' high Inverted Vee aimed at JA).

Tom  N4KG in NORTH Alabama where the first hop on 20M is W1, W2, and VE.  :-(