[3830] WPX SSB NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NQ4I@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:23:57 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): K4PK,W4SVO,W4IX,VE7ZO,K2UFT,N4FD,K4NV,NQ4I,W4DD,WI4R,K4BAI,KD3P,
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

------------
  160:  245
   80:  843
   40: 2150
   20: 2104
   15:  643
   10:  182
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

First of all we had storm after storm...nearly 36 hours of continuous Precip
static...the stacked yagis were useless...we had to use the lowest antenna so
that tied our hands some...Power went out on Saturday for one hour and thirty
four minutes...but against all odds, we managed to perservere.....hats off to
the team..they really know how to do this contest...it appears that we have
managed a new WPX Stateside prefix record...overall conditions were not that
great...15m almost no EU at all.....a decent opening to SA on 10m....my 40m
team kept the rig warm and going all weekend, and we staffed an operator on 75m
during the daytime and that ended up being worth while...3 operators cratered
before the test....so we were a little understaffed....it was a fun time for
all...the 20m guys were whooping and hollering the last 2 hours as we
experienced a great over the pole opening...a number of BY's, a YE,a HS0,. etc
called in on 20m and it really excited the boys....This has to be one of the
best contests we do each year...we are eagerly looking forward to next
year...this summer a new 10m stack....4 by 10 element yagis for a total of 40
elements on 10m...come on sunspots....this year was the first year with the
re-deployed antennas...after Dayton, I took down 14 yagis and re-distributed
the antennas in a new arrangement, and it really seems to have been a good
decision....I am getting a little old for this antenna work...hi...will turn 61
yrs this summer...73 and thanks so much for the qso's de Rick NQ4I