[3830] FlQP K8IR SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K8IR SOABCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:35:53 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K8IR
Operator(s): K8IR
Station: K8IR

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Upper  MI
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   40:   80
   20:  301
   15:    1
   10:
--------------------
Total:  382     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 102,376

Club:

Comments:

Never a dull moment!  Great activity from start to finish.

Not quite a fulltime effort. Work kept me off for the first 1 1/2 hours and 45
minutes of the last hour went to a soccer meeting. Weather here was perfect for
contesting, cold and rain, so no guilt about not working in the yard.

I went to bed with 200 QSO'S and 8 counties to go, mostly in the panhandle, but
as it came down to the final few, I at least had some pretty good propagation to
that part of the state.  Got the sweep at 1926 from W5WMU in OKA.

Conditions were just OK, with really strong mobile signals only at a few times.
QSB was a real problem Sunday. 20 did stay open pretty much to the end Saturday
night, with some really strong signals. It was a pleasure to escapte 40 for a
few minutes.

It's always a pleasure working with some of the best mobile ops. The unofficial
count: NN4TO 35, N4KK 34, K4KG 26, K4OJ 25, W5WMU 22, N4EEB, 21, W4AN 21, NO5W
19, N4PN 19, KN4Y 14, NF4A 11, N4AO 9, AD4Z 7, K9ES 6, K4LQ 5, W4ZW 4, KC4HW 3.
 Trying to keep up with that field, plus working all the fixed stations keeps
you on your toes.

And special thanks to WD4AHZ who I found on 15 for the lone contact there.

It indeed was a fun weekend!