[3830] IARU XE1KK Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xe1kk@iaru.org
Subject: [3830] IARU XE1KK Headquarters HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:20:26 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: XE1KK
Operator(s): XE1KK
Station: XE1KK

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: Mexico City
Operating Time (hrs): 14:30

  160:    2      0      3       0
   80:   10      1      4       5
   40:   56     57     17      32
   20:  130    545     33      50
   15:   24     87     11       9
   10:    0      0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  222    599     67      96  Total Score = 456,889

Club: Grupo DXXE

Comments:

Propagation during the day was poor but at sunrise, sunset and early night it
was very good specially on 20 meters.  We had a pipeline with ITU Zone 30.
Some stations were impossible to copy and at 0230 UTC work them with huge
signals: AT1HQ, 9K9HQ, UN1HQ, etc.  Didn't have a good JA opening on 20 meters
unfortunately.  Some unusual DX stations answer my CQs like TL0A, always a
pleasant surprise.

Saw reports from stations working 10 meters but never hear anyone, not even the
powerful LUs and that is hard to believe in this latitudes.  15 meters was also
poor.  40 meters signals were good and not so noisy.  Propagation is getting
better... slowly.

Finding so many friends is the best part of the contest. Its amazing how much
trill you can get when you get a DIT DIT from an OM on the other side of the
world.

CU next year!

Ramon, XE1KK