[3830] CQWW CW K1AR(@K1EA) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ar@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1AR(@K1EA) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:25:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1AR
Operator(s): K1AR, K1EA
Station: K1EA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:   90    16       52
   80:  447    26      101
   40: 1549    35      131
   20: 1666    39      141
   15:  685    30      117
   10:   39    15       24
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very low-key operation this weekend. Ken had relatives visiting for
Thanksgiving, so AR operated 45 hours and EA did about 15 or 20 when he could.
Ken has coined our actual category this time around as a M/1.3. Congrats to
NY4A and WE3C who did it for real and led the pack. Also, most improved score
goes to NZ1U (nee KB1H). Strong work, gents.

Anyway, we had a good time. The DX Engineering RX 4-square is a magical receive
antenna. We could hear ants crawling in the Ural Mountains on 160. I might add
it doesn't work very well as a RX on 15M, as I discovered by accident during my
sleep-deprived runs on Sunday AM (stupid pills were consumed at that point). It
only took an 1.5 hours to figure it out.

There is a reason why the CQ WW is the best contest in the world. It's because
it is -- period! If you didn't notice, over 2000 logs were submitted in the
first 24 hours after the contest. Amazing!

Thanks to Ken and Jan for letting me mingle with the relatives in between a few
F1 keystrokes.

73 John, K1AR