[3830] CQWW CW IR4M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4mgp@ir4m.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IR4M M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 07:11:18 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IR4M
Operator(s): I4EWH, I4FYF, I4IFL, IK3QAR, IK4DCW, IK4HVR, IK4MGP, IK4WMH,
IN3FHE, IZ3BUQ, IZ3ESV, IZ4GWE
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo (FC)
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  106    22       79
   80:  882    31      111
   40: 2107    38      147
   20: 1714    36      131
   15:  779    38      122
   10:   54    12       45
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

After the terrible weather we experienced during the SSB leg, producing very
heavy QRN that we call "Raganella" (tree frog) resulting in a nightmare to
copy weak calls, this time wx was at least more pleasant, with just a few
rain at Sunday afternoon.

Propagation has been very different compared to the SSB leg, with very poor
conditions on high bands, specially 10m and 15m, and good conditions on 40m
(our money band this time) with early good openings toward Asia and USA.

We are satisfied with the result as it's about one million points more than
last year.

The team hosted for the very first time Helga IN3FHE, a contest enthusiast
XYL who enjoyed some good pile-ups at the running station and Giovanni
IZ3BUQ.

Nice to receive the visit of IW1ARB and IZ1LBG (400 km far) with great cake of
filberts!

Thanks to our friend/rival teams IR2C and IR9Y for the nice real-time
challenge on getscores, it was fun! We wonder why getscores is still
inexplicably underused outside USA: just 4 scores in the DX M/S category...
Why ???

Finally, congratulations to CN3A/IK2QEI for the great score on 40m, setting
a new world record. Way to go Stefano!

See you in ARRL.

IR4M Team
www.ir4m.it