[3830] NAQP CW W2FU M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2zn@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W2FU M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:34:36 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): K2TJ, N2ZN
Station: W2FU

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:  281    55
   80:  615    57
   40:  455    58
   20:  384    51
   15:  103    18
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1839   240  Total Score = 441,360

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Association

Team:

Comments:

Thanks to Jeff, W2FU for allowing us to come in and invade his station for NAQP
CW.  For a 12 hour contest, he probably put in at least that much time getting
things ready.  Taking a M/M station with six operating positions and turning it
into a fully functional two station M/2 is not easy, but with the hard work and
ingenuity from Jeff (and Andy, K0SM), we had all rotators and stackmatches
available at both stations for each band.  No hardware/software failures during
the contest makes everything that much better.  The only hardware problem was
that the top 40 meter beam @ 140' was found to be not working on Friday night,
so the single 3L @ 70' was used instead of the usual 3/3 stack.

80 & 40 meters had the bulk of the activity, but 20 & 160 played great, too.
15 surprisingly was good at the beginning.  80 just kept going all night!  Very
happy to have 50 or more mults on the money bands, while 10 & 15 produced as
expected.

Thanks for all the QSO's, and also to those stations who QSY'ed to other bands
for us.  Congrats to the other M/2 teams out there...we had fun and managed to
put up a nice "not bad from the East Coast" score.

73,

Ken N2ZN & Andy K2TJ

Station Info:

160: Vertical, Beverages, RX 4 SQ