[3830] ARRLDX CW E77XZ(DK6XZ) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW E77XZ(DK6XZ) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:44:03 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: E77XZ
Operator(s): DK6XZ
Station: E71EZC

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: JN84xf, nr. Zenica
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:
   40: 1061    57
   20:  373    52
   15: 1096    59
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1096    59  Total Score = 186,735

Club: BHCC

Comments:

ARRL contests give always a great opportunity to test the station and to compare
its band (DX) performance with some other. So did I experimenting a bit with a
sloper antenna on 40m at first. Surprisingly well performing wire - powered
with 1kW. If I would be able to cover remaining 8 hours of band opening, a
serious top-ten EU score could have been made this way. 40m band was more than
solid, but sometimes too crowded. Yes, I gave out some points on 20m too. It
was greatly open till the late evening hours...

SOSB15
Actual effort was concentrated on 15m - non assisted. The band was in a great
shape with amazing strong ones coming from Midwest and West Coast. S9+30/40dB
signals were not unusual. Really great matter the latest activity of the sun!

Equipment: FT-1000MP + Drake L7 ( 1kW ) + Cushcraft X7@25m ( @988m asl )

I have finalized with 1055 valid Qs in the log and 41 dupes ( still can´t
understand why so much recapitulated QSOs are needed and find it a bad practice
). First afternoon offered some full-hour-rates over 150, while slower Sunday
allowed even RUN combination with 2nd VFO S&P activity. If considering top-EU
claimed 15m-band figures in the SOAB category ( even some of those stations
mostely had an advantage trough their good geographical position to NA ), I
would not find reason to be extremely happy with my score. Yet it was a fun.
Nice pileups and signals from Stateside and Canada.

Very much appreciated is every call that have found the way in my log and
congratulations to those band competitors, fellows who did not use skimmer and
cluster but still have overscored me. I recognize a couple of very nice efforts
made by US teams and SOP´s too. Congrats and thanks for writing few interesting
lines here...

See you all soon again

73 Suad, E77XZ ( DK6XZ )

PS: Great to have hosted Hal, W1NN & 7J1AAI, at DL0MB; who hopefully enjoyed
the contest and the station. Pitty only we did not become the chance to see
eachother personally. GL Hal!